Drivers give importance to exterior design as much as engine performance when buying a new car or maintaining their existing car. This is why it is very important to frequently clean the vehicles that are required to maintain their aesthetic appearance. If you want the exterior of your vehicle to maintain its shine and its paint and materials to be used for a long time, you should pay attention to vehicle cleaning frequently.
You can wash your car in a car wash or by yourself, and you can do the routine cleaning and maintenance of the vehicle without interrupting. If you are asking how to wash the car and what to pay attention to while washing the car, it is recommended to pay attention to the following steps.
What Should Be Considered While Washing The Car?
Vehicles get very dirty during the day due to dust, dirt and residues. For this reason, the paint of the vehicles can wear out quickly and deformations can occur on the outer body. You can avoid costly maintenance and repairs caused by tough stains by washing your vehicle regularly or by getting help from a car wash.
You should definitely pay attention to these steps when doing individual cleaning in the car wash process or when purchasing a professional wash service.
- While the vehicle is being washed, it must be in the shade, and it must be cleaned in an area away from sunlight. The harmful effects of sunlight can leave stains while washing your vehicle, as it will allow the surface of the vehicle and chemical cleaning materials to dry prematurely.
Another thing to consider when washing a car is to lift the windshield and rear windshield wipers of the vehicle so that the water reaches every corner.
- You can use a microfiber cloth and car wash detergent for exterior cleaning. While cleaning the rubber sets, a harder sponge or brush will make your job easier.
- When washing your vehicle, you should make sure that the detergents and soaps added to the cleaning bucket do not contain abrasives that can damage the paint.
- You can start cleaning with a low-pressure flowing hose to soften the dirt while washing the vehicle. Then your job will be easier for a more detailed cleaning.
- With a microfiber cloth and washing gloves, you can gently rub the painted areas without damaging the exterior paint of the vehicle. You should avoid the use of brushes on the vehicle surface in order to avoid scratches and deformations in the painted areas.
- While cleaning the surface of the vehicle, you can wait for the water to soften the dirt on the entire surface, starting from the ceiling first, and you can do a more effective cleaning.
- While cleaning your vehicle, you may need to be extra sensitive when removing heavy residues such as bird droppings and insect residues.
- Rubbing these stains vigorously can damage the vehicle's paintwork and finish. You should take care to remove the dirt by gently softening it.
- You should clean the dirt and dust particles inside by rinsing the washing gloves, sponge or microfiber cloth frequently. Otherwise, these dirt, which remains moist and clumped in the cloth, may re-infect the vehicle surface and damage its paint or coating.
- If you do not want your vehicle to be cleaned effectively and to leave stains and marks after it dries, you can wash the cleaned areas with a hose again. In this way, you can go to the stage of drying the vehicle naturally and prevent the formation of stains and marks caused by the cloth.
- After car washing and rinsing, you should also dry your car meticulously. You can dry effectively without leaving a wet area on the vehicle surface and obtain a shiny appearance on the surface.